The Brewista Smart scale is the perfect scale for the home or cafe barista.
Its features and abilities are amazing.
- Rechargeable battery.
- Silicone protective pad. Protects from heat and spillage.
- Nano coating means the scale is water-resistant. If the scale gets wet it should continue to function. If they stop working after getting wet just give them and shake and let them dry out. They will start up again. Perfect for brewing on and placing on your drip tray to weigh your shots.
- 6 Modes
- Rubberised coating
The six modes are in built into the software. All functions are automatically started. Weight and time is held for 5 seconds after vessel is removed. This truly is a smart scale:
- Mode 1: Fully manual mode - User tares & starts timer manually.
- Mode 2: Espresso mode - Auto-tare and auto-timer with immediate timer start. Place cup on scale, timer and weight go to zero and count up timer starts. Remove cup after brewing last time and weight are displayed for 5 seconds before resetting to zero.
- Mode 3: Espresso mode - Auto-tare with manual-timer start. Place cup on scale, time and weight go to zero. Push button on espresso machine to start espresso extraction and at same time press orange TIME button to start the timer. Remove cup once finished, time and weight are displayed for 5 seconds before resetting to zero
- Mode 4: Espresso mode - Auto-tare only, timer is not active. Place cup on scale, weight goes to zero. Press button on espresso machine to start shot, weight is displayed. Remove cup once finished, weight is displayed for 5 seconds before reseting to zero.
- Mode 5: Espresso mode - Auto-tare and auto-timer with timer starting when liquid hits cup. Place cup on scale, weight goes to zero. Push button on espresso machine to start shot. When liquid hits cup, timer starts. To pause timer, press TIME. Remove cup once finished, weight is displayed for 5 seconds before resetting to zero.
- Mode 6: Pour Over mode. Place brew vessel on scale, auto tares to zero. Add paper filter and ground coffee to vessel, adjust if necessary the amount of coffee. Once done press TARE. Start adding the water, timer will start. Remove cup once finished, weight is displayed for 5 seconds before resetting to zero.
This is the most advanced scale we've seen and at an amazing price.
To keep your scale as accurate as possible we recommend purchasing the 500g calibration weight listed on left side of this page.
Very good! excellent!!!!!
3 stars is an unfair visual representation but given that according to Trustpilot's description of 4 stars (\"Great - I'm pleased with the product. No complaints\") it had to be 3. The Brewista scales are a great product. I'm very familiar with the Vario scales and using the Brewista is a pleasant change. The modes are a great idea and the build quality is sturdy. \n\nMy only gripe if I had to have one was that the 'TARE' button should work as a standalone tare function no matter what mode you are in. As it is if I'm using the scales to weigh both the coffee grounds and the shot volume (in auto 2 mode, using auto tare and the timer for extraction time) instead of being able to just use the tare button to reset between the two weights I need to turn the scales off and on again. \n\nMinor point but I thought one worth mentioning. \n\nBottom line - I love the scales and am very glad I bought them
Great little scale for both espresso and manual brewing. Easy controls and accurate measurements. Nano coating works well. A good low-cost alternative to the Acaia Lunar, although not as fast.
Great scale. Such a simple idea, but really well executed. I use it for espresso and for brewed. Hard to improve on it (well perhaps it would be nice to be able to switch modes just a little quicker).
Great quality product and a good price. The display isn't the most intuitive as you scroll between modes (hence 4/5), but once over the initial learning it is great.