FREE SHIPPING TO UK ON AEROPRESS
The Aerobie Aeropress is our biggest selling product of all time! For over 10 years many products have come and gone but the Aeropress hasn't changed and still outsells everything.
The Aerobie Aeropress coffee maker is simple and easy to brew a cup of great coffee. It comes with 350 Aeropress filters. We also sell an Aeropress metal filter you can use too.
The Aeropress isn't for espresso, it makes a great brewed cup of black coffee.
I wrote a blog on Aeropress vs french press
This is my favourite Aeropress recipe:
- Add 1 scoop or 14g of freshly ground coffee. Grind so it resembles sand.
- Boil fresh filtered hot water and wait 60 seconds before putting water onto the coffee. 85C is ideal.
- Add water to about 15mm below the rim
- Stir for 10 seconds
- Add a touch more hot water to top up then plunge the Aeropress slowly! You can then add some more hot water if you wish, place in a travel mug and off you go!!
What is Aeropress inverted? You may have heard of the inverted Aeropress technique. So what is it? It's a hack to control the brew time and allow you to mix the coffee and hot water before brewing. here a brief rundown:
- Insert plunger just enough into Aeropress so it doesn't fall out.
- Flip Aeropress over and pour ground coffee into the chamber
- Add filtered hot water and stir, wait for 30 seconds
- Top up with more hot water and stir again, and wait 30 seconds
- Screw the cap on with the filter paper or metal disc
- Flip the Aeropress over onto your mug
- Press plunger down
- Quick and Easy
- Easy to clean after use. Just throw away the paper filter and start again
- Brews one cup at a time
- Comes with 350 paper filters, stirrer, scoop, paper filter holder and funnel.
- We sell paper filters separately
What is the difference between French Press and Aeropress?
There 3 areas that make the Aeropress different to the French Press.
Time: A typical French Press is 3-4 minutes, the Aeropress typically takes 45 seconds
Clean: The Aeropress gives a much cleaner brew, no grit at the bottom of your cup.
Unbreakable: Made of BPA free plastic, it's virtually unbreakable!
Is the Aeropress any good?
The great advantage the Aeropress has is its simple to make very good coffee. It doesn't have many moving parts, pretty quickly you can be making good coffee from scratch.
Does the Aeropress make good espresso?
The Aeropress doesn't make good espresso as you know it. It's more like a strongly brewed cup of coffee. There are attachments that try to improve on its espresso-making capabilities and these are worth a try if you want your coffee closer to espresso style. But if you like your coffee brewed black then the Aeropress is for you.
Does Aeropress use more coffee?
The Aeropress uses the same amount of coffee as other methods. You would use 14g of ground coffee to make one mug of Aeropress brew. This is the same amount of coffee as say an espresso shot.